Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: colordiffuse to brighten
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it would be not too much work to make colordiffuse go higher.
Let me explain...

say I want to darken a texture I can for example add <colordiffuse>FF777777</colordiffuse>

but If I want to brighten up, the only way I found is to place an white image on top and change it's alpha.

I think I could be a useful feature to be able to brighten up a texture with colordiffuse (or add a <gamma> parameter)

don't know if its doable. just throwing it on the table.

(I was also wondering if colordiffuse could be made dynamic) Wink
I think what you might be after is support for blend modes, something I've been thinking of requesting myself.
(2013-11-23, 18:22)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]I think what you might be after is support for blend modes, something I've been thinking of requesting myself.

that would be nice too, but actually I was thinking more of a filter on the texture layer itself , exactely like colordiffuse, not a multilayer blend mode. Given that I can already make it work with the multilayer solution I posted above (Alpha channel on white top layer to brighten picture)

that said.. of course I'd also love a "multiply" blend option!! Wink