Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Play count when played through TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi XBMC Forums,

I finally got my setup running the way I want it to but I've got one more thing that needs fixing so here goes:

I've created two smart playlists, one for movies and one for tv shows, that 's using the play count is less than 1 rule to quickly find unwatched media. The playlists works fine when I manually use "Mark as watched" but when playing the files through our tv's Mediaserver function (UPnP) the files don't get a higher play count than 1 and therefore is not removed from the playlists.

Is there anyway to fix this? Or does anyone have a better soloution than playlists to filter media by Unwatched that works with UPnP? Oh, by the way, I've got all three options enabled in Settings -> Services -> UPnP.

Thanks for reading!
I don't believe this is currently possible. I think playcount is updated only in nightly builds (wiki) via UPnP when both server and client are XBMC, but not with smart TVs or other UPnP devices.