Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Noob F'd Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys,

i recentely acquired an modded xbox from my cousin, and i was having a blast with it. though, having never messed with modded console before, i timidly updated things like dvd2xbox and added scripts. today though i decided i wanted to update my xbox from a december 2004 build, to the most up to date one. unfortunately in my attempt, i messed up, and i can no longer use the controller to navigate. what are my options?

thanks
i should also add that, i used a cd, and i did the overwrite method instead of erasing the old and loading the new.
determine what kind of mod was in fact done (chip, tsop or softmod) also hold in mind if xbmc was a default dash and you buggered it, you should be able to ftp to it and resolve your file issue there.
i know for a fact i have an xecuter 2, and xbmc was the default dash, ive been reading on using ftp, and im hoping it will work, but so far it seems like you have to setup the xbox too. how would one do that without being able to navigate using the controller.?
sounds like you might need to brush up a bit Wink manual
if xbmc has a critical sort of error then it opens the ftp by default with a login and password "xbox" you should get a red screen and a message reguarding an error if this is the case.
that happened to me before when i upgraded and it turned out that i forgot to put the xbe on the c drive. what was happening was that since i didn't update the xbe on c: the upgraded version of xbmc was booting up with the old version's xbe.

in my situation i had to place a copy of default.xbe in c: and rename it to evoxdash.xbe which replaced the olde one.

did that make sense?