Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pictures FanArt View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all I want to start with thanking you for this amazing skin.

Question is this, I would like to use the FanArt view, but I do not get anything to show up in the background as I scroll through my files.
I am sure that I am missing something simple, like a naming scheme, but I have tried everything that I can think of.

Thanks a ton in advance for any feedback.
name your image <movie_name>-fanart.jpg put it beside your video file.
humferier,

Thanks for the tip, but I got the movies working 100% using this strategy.
My issue is under the Pictures portion. There is a FanArt view, but no matter what I picture I put there or call it(saved test files in both the root and the folder itself), it still only displays a folder... no artwork whatsoever.

I have tried <folder_name>-fanart.jpg saved both in the root and the folder itself
I have tried <folder_name>\folder.jpg as per directions for thumbnails

I've even put *.tbn as another attempt as per thumbnails on the wiki page...

Any other ideasHuh
Bump
Unsure what you're asking... When I specify a source folder (and there is images inside) I get the default 'drive icon' in the lower left and a list of the folder on the right with a default image in the background, toggle that folder and I'm presented with images.

Looks like this?

Sorry for my bad descriptions...

I have a folder with tons of sub-folders in them. Each of them has photos within. What I was under the impression was that FANART VIEW would allow me to do would be to have a "main picture" for each folder.
Thanks again for all help.
Hope this is clear
I see the issue

If there is artwork (jpeg) called "fanart.jpg" without the quotes in each folder or sub folder you will get a backdrop of the image for that folder. In your example it looks like you use -fanart.jpg and folder.jpg neither of which will do. As of Frodo poste.,jpg replaces folder.jpg
PatK

Thanks for all your help.
I have done exactly what you have replied, and what this does is make the default background WITHIN the sub-folder. It does not change anything when in the root (main folder where all the other folders are stored).

My thought is as you moved the cursor over the title of each of the sub-folders, the background would change... perhaps I am mistakenHuh

Thanks again to all.
The image becomes a backdrop for that folder, to change the root image you can check out settings>skin>backgrounds>pictures
Rolling over the folders in 'List' view will produce a reduced selection of 4 images in the folder on the background. Not exactly what you wanted, but somewhat closer to what you had in mind. My usage of the picture function within XBMC is to primarily call up select slide shows from a remote browser; otherwise I find the image display tool a bit cumbersome.
you probably need to mod the skin to get it to work.

Includes_Workarounds.xml, line 246:

change
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,fanart.jpg]</texture>
to
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath,,fanart.jpg]</texture>
(2013-12-05, 17:10)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]The image becomes a backdrop for that folder, to change the root image you can check out settings>skin>backgrounds>pictures
Rolling over the folders in 'List' view will produce a reduced selection of 4 images in the folder on the background. Not exactly what you wanted, but somewhat closer to what you had in mind. My usage of the picture function within XBMC is to primarily call up select slide shows from a remote browser; otherwise I find the image display tool a bit cumbersome.

That's is exactly what I wanted. I agree that the picture function is lacking a bit. As this is hooked up to my TV, this one small change would make it the perfect home media solution. That said, it is pretty darn close though. I am guessing that there is not a lot of attention that people really want in regards to the pictures section of XBMC therefore no real developer support.

Thanks again for all your help

(2013-12-05, 17:28)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]you probably need to mod the skin to get it to work.

Includes_Workarounds.xml, line 246:

change
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,fanart.jpg]</texture>
to
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath,,fanart.jpg]</texture>

ronie, where would I find this file?

Thanks a ton for the tips.
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\transparency-xbmc\720p\Includes_Workarounds.xml (line #245)

Make a back-up of this file before editing it.
(2013-12-06, 04:25)kingkrown Wrote: [ -> ]ronie, where would I find this file?

Thanks a ton for the tips.

in the transparency skin folder.
../addons/skin.transparency/720p/Includes_Workarounds.xml
WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!!!

THANKS A TON!!!!!