Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Missing files in Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had an issue for quite some time (since v10.x, I think) where certain items just won't scan into the library. I finally discovered why tonight (epiphany!!!) but I don't know how to fix it.

It comes down to the fact that some files seem to be hidden on my file server. I have Frodo running on Xbmcbuntu, accessing files on an unRAID server. When I connect to the server from Win7, it shows the movie file attributes as Hidden, System, Archive. When I putty into the unRAID server, it shows my movie name in green with a trailing, white asterisk (*), when I browse in XBMC to Videos->Files->Movies-> Quantum of Solace, I see a sub-directory "extrathumbs", but I don't see the *.mkv file that I can see from putty & Windows Explorer.

I know that normally, in the *nix universe, a '.' (dot) marks a file as 'hidden'. In this case, the file name is NOT prefixed with a dot in a terminal session. ls -la shows the file name in green with a white * after it.

I've tried chmod 777 on it, and that hasn't changed the way the file is displayed.
In Win Explorer, the hidden attribute check box is checked, but greyed out, so I can't uncheck it.
In Win Explorer, I went into File, Properties, Security tab, Edit permissions button, and attempted to give 'Everyone' Full control permissions, but it won't stick.

I'm not a complete linux noob, but I'm no sys admin, either. How the heck to I change the file settings here, because this file is completely hidden from XBMC.

TIA!
FreeMan

EDIT: for future reference...

chmod 777 won't do the trick, XBMC won't display executable files in the movie directories (or so it seems), however chmod 666 (or -R -X) will fix it.
Paranoia settings: "chmod 644", don't let more people write than really need to. I have a wife deleting accidentally ID3-Tags from my music collections from time to time...
Similrarily, do chmod 755 on the directories. The catch-all phrase for this:

Code:
find /path/to/collection -type d -print0|xargs -0 chmod 755
find /path/to/collection -type f -print0|xargs -0 chmod 644
(2013-12-01, 03:06)FreeMan xbmc Wrote: [ -> ]chmod 777 won't do the trick, XBMC won't display executable files in the movie directories (or so it seems), however chmod 666 (or -R -X) will fix it.
No problem here with 777 files. XBMC shows all files to me as movies, pictures, whatever. The -rwxrwxrwx really makes no difference at all.

Cheers.