Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: API update episode command to actually update instead of add/remove
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would it be possible to add an option to the API to update an episode in the library when the corresponding file is changed? For example, if I have a TV-rip of an episode and I replace the file with a blu-ray rip I would have to clean the library and then update it. This is not really an update but an add/remove. The issues this causes are that the episode is now treated as new so it shows up in the "recently added" list as well as any bookmarks or watched status is lost. This is further compounded when entire seasons or shows are upgraded in quality.

The way I image this working is the API command would include the name of the old file and the new file. Then the SQL library will be searched for the matching old file and the record will be updated with the name of the new file. I image another function would need to be added to XBMC to do that part but this would very beneficial as such as Sickbeard and NZBDrone which will typically replace entire seasons at once.