Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: openELEC installation issue on Gigabyte BRIX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I got home with my brix and immediately created a bootable usb drive with the openelec intel build. I plugged it in and within a few seconds I got to the xbmc screen where I had to give up my region settings. But, here's probably the issue. I urgently had to leave so I shutdown the brix with the power button.

When I try to boot now (ssd or usb drive) I get to an openelec title screen that says 'run openelec installer' and 'run openelec live'. When I choose either one of those, the screen just turns black and nothing happens..

My guess is my ssd got a failed image of openelec and that's why it's crashing. does anyone have an idea how I can solve this?

Thank you,
Siegbert
Start the process of installation again, including the bootable usb drive from scratch.
THanks for feedback but I did that already for like 30 times.. doesn't work.

i think my ssd got corrupted in the process. Is there any way to wipe it clean?
You can, perhaps connect it to another machine and format it or create a bootable usb with gparted http://gparted.org/liveusb.php and run that first.
on can do, don't have another machine with msata.

btw, when I try to create a bootable usb drive, the only file I get on there is idlinux.sys
If the process is created successfully then rest of files probably hidden (usually used space is a dead give away that more files are there hiding). unless you need to see them for editing leave it.
i am the boot menu:

run openelec installer
run openelec live

screen just goes black with either option
You want to use the latest development intel installer, regular one is likely not gonna work. See this thread for images http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176718
thanks for the replies but I think I've got some failed hardware. openelec 2.0.0 runs without problems but for some reason when I go above 3.0 it keeps crashing.
That is indication that bugs exist not hardware failure if hardware failure nothing would work.