Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
I know it since weekend (borrowed a device of a friend and played with xbmc on it ...) - but just wanted to be sure that it was no foobar.
grep xbmc.log for "VT" and you will see the error - now out of this thread Wink - open a new one if you think there is discussion potential (i can only test on ios7 with a7 - if you have other hardware go on and test and post in the ios forum)...
I still do not think it is impossible to do this without fairplay. Since pictures and audio works just fine, randomly yes, but it works.
Currently using Frodo 12.3 with my Iphones 5s 7.0.4 and Airplay works fine for, I can stream Videos, Pictures and Youtube Videos but no Itunes Music or Games, like GTA.
I am currently running this build on Win8.1x64:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe

I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.0.4. I am running the x86 version of Bonjour 3.0.0.10.

I have very stable music playback now the AirPlay target never goes away. What is very inconsistent is video playback. The AirPlay target randomly shows up as a TV but 90% of the time it is just a speaker and restarting the phone and/or XBMC has no effect. For the life of me I can't find a pater to why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I should experiment with restarting the Bonjour service to see what impact that has. I am very happy that the audio only target works 100% of the time now. That is my primary use for AirPlay. I also have an ATV2 and even that tends to flaky for video playback. Half the time it just buffers forever. At least on XBMC, when the TV target shows up it will actually start a stream very quickly without a ton of buffering. Now if it just worked consistently.

Over the weekend I will give the test build from this thread a shot. Thanks Memphiz for your persistence on this!

Edit: I just tried Test Build 8 including the AirPlay.xml and all I am seeing is an audio only target. I tested with iSub, Google Music and YouTube (audio only). I terminated apps and then relaunched without a problem. I paused and changed tracks from XBMC and from the phone. It seemed stable. I am going to let it idle for a while and then check later to see if the target is still available.
Has anyone found a better tool for sniffing the AirPlay announcements on windows? I want to build an AirPlay.xml using the values that my ATV2 is sending out.
My dad has an AppleTV 1 running OpenELEC XBMC 12.2
And the receiver shows up as speaker for him on 4S, Monitor for me on 5S.

@ermax There is some information here about the AppleTV3 announcements, best known way is Bounjour Browser.

It looks for me that the problem is not in the communication between devicen, or in the announcment...
Is it bossible to make the announcement different way but with the same content?
EDIT: That data you got there looks great @ermax!
I get a monitor for my ATV2 on my 4S.

Here is what get with dns-sd on my network.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gfepbx6dmmj2p7p/7uDQFSeugQ

You will see the _airplay records for my ATV2 and _raop records for my ATV2 and for an AirPort Express I use for playing music in the garage.

BTW, run these commands for some nice output:
Code:
dns-sd -Z _airplay > _airplay.txt
dns-sd -Z _raop > _raop.txt

I let each command run for a few secs and then hit Ctrl+C.
For debugging, Is it possible to just disable the announcements coming from XBMC and use dns-sd to register by hand until the perfect combination is found. I am looking at the TXT record that my ATV2 is creating and there are elements in it that aren't available in the AirPlay.xml. Can I just and more elements to the AirPlay.xml and have them be picked up by XBMC's announcement?
Just add more and they will get picked up - for testing announcements without xbmc just disable AirPlay support in xbmc and announce your own Service via mdns
(2014-01-17, 18:53)ermax Wrote: [ -> ]currently running this build http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe

I have very stable music playback now the AirPlay target never goes away. What is very inconsistent is video playback.

Same here. Audio airplay always works on XBMC 13 alpha12 (Jan18).

If you want to airplay pics or videos, just go to Settings, Services, AirPlay and switch Airplay off/on.

Thanks a lot Memphiz!
(2014-01-20, 12:28)AussieFries Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-17, 18:53)ermax Wrote: [ -> ]currently running this build http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe

I have very stable music playback now the AirPlay target never goes away. What is very inconsistent is video playback.

Same here. Audio airplay always works on XBMC 13 alpha12 (Jan18).

If you want to airplay pics or videos, just go to Settings, Services, AirPlay and switch Airplay off/on.

Thanks a lot Memphiz!

Very interesting. I just loaded the Jan18 nightly and I am having the same experience. When you first launch XBMC it shows an audio only target (Speaker Icon). Then if you toggle AirPlay off/on it will then show a full AirPlay target (TV icon). Then if I close and reopen XBMC it goes back to an audio only target. I can repeat this over and over. I monitored the Bonjour announcements when first launching XBMC Vs the announcement sent when disabling/re-enabling AirPlay and they are identical. Once you toggle AirPlay off/on it seems like video works consistently until you restart XBMC.
BTW i didn't change anything in our airplay code yet.
(2014-01-17, 18:53)ermax Wrote: [ -> ]Very interesting. I just loaded the Jan18 nightly and I am having the same experience. When you first launch XBMC it shows an audio only target (Speaker Icon). Then if you toggle AirPlay off/on it will then show a full AirPlay target (TV icon). Then if I close and reopen XBMC it goes back to an audio only target. I can repeat this over and over. I monitored the Bonjour announcements when first launching XBMC Vs the announcement sent when disabling/re-enabling AirPlay and they are identical. Once you toggle AirPlay off/on it seems like video works consistently until you restart XBMC.

What about delaying AirPlay for a few sec after XBMC starts? Memphiz?
We already tried that - please don't start the story again ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43