Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Lights are changing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I've XMBC (Frodo) running on my Ouya. When I'm watching a movie, and the scene is dark (or light, but then you won't notice that its happening) the lights are flickering. It goes when the scene is dark a bit darker, than lighter again and then slowly dark again, and then light again, and so on.

Did anyone noticed this problem ? And can it be solved ?

Thanks in advance!
Does it do that in the XBMC GUI or in other apps on the OUYA?
(2013-12-10, 03:54)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Does it do that in the XBMC GUI or in other apps on the OUYA?
Only in the XBMC app.
Very weird. I haven't heard of that happening before.
(2013-12-12, 05:37)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Very weird. I haven't heard of that happening before.
Yeah, so imagine you are watching a dark scene (i.e. http://www.visualhollywood.com/movies_20...rk_(2).jpg )
And after 30 seconds or something the scene gets lighter, and then some delay later it gets a bit darker again.
It's very annoying, once you noticed it!
turn off auto stupidities on your tv.
(2013-12-16, 15:05)ironic_monkey Wrote: [ -> ]turn off auto stupidities on your tv.

Gotta agree with this one, it's most likely your issue.
Disable all those fancy modes on your TV designed to crappify the image.

They usually call it dynamic whatever. Dynamic brightness, dynamic sharpness, sharpness optimization, etc etc