Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Library question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have well over 3000 albums and after adding the entire albums directory I realized that many aren't tagged properly leaving me with multiple instances of an artist showing up in my Artists list under slightly different names.

To solve this problem I basically want to just add albums to my Music Library as I see fit (I know this may seem tedious....but it will work out better for me personally).

Since doing a "clean library" while the external wasn't connected didn't clear my library I took to deleting the "MyMusic.db" file under my Profile section.

Now the problem is when I go to an album folder under the Files tab in Music and select "Scan Item to Library" it goes through the scan process but I don't have the Library option under music anymore. No new "MyMusic.db" file has been created either so does anyone know how to remedy this?
Not sure if this works, but I would try to remove the path to your music library (and potentially to other libs), clean the audio lib and then re-add the paths and rescan. If that fails, the next step would be too
Code:
touch MyMusic.db
in the relevant subdirectory under $HOME/.xbmc/ (I cannot access my box right now, I guess it is in userdata...)
Should that also fail, boot a XBMCBuntu live version, and copy the dammned thing from there.

Lesson learned: Instead of deleting important system files, a "mv foo foo.bar" is almost always the better idea :-)
what does it say in your log(s)?
are you using mysql or local?
You have to set content to a path in order for the Library options to show up.
I know this isn't really what you asked, but it is an alternate solution. Have you heard of musicbrainz? If not, I suggest you check out their software called "Picard"