Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recommended Distro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i was previously using Openelec and it was working great but i found myself somtimes needing to use a browser and not having one with openelec so i installed Windows on my machine but as it is a Mini-Itx CPU/APU with only a 1.6Ghz it is a little sluggish sometimes so i was thinking of finding a lightweight linux distro to install xbmc but also have a browser if needed

can someone recommend a good distro that works well with AMD Graphics and XBMC in general

I was thinking perhaps Zorin OS or Linux Mint Linux Lite or perhaps Lubuntu (in the case of lubuntu i would simply install xbmcbuntu as that is what that runs on) but i am looking to get some opinions of what other alternatives people use

if only openelec could have a decent browser (not that crap opera one) it would be the one to go with
There is currently _no_ distro that works with AMD out of the box for the purpose of running xbmc. Ubuntu 14.04 will change this. In the meantime, check this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854
The BeeGees

EDIT: never mind, you said distro.