Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc ubunto, pleas help my cammand prompt is brocken. im dyslexic = bad spelling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My name is nick everyone, and i just installed xbmcubunto o.s on my laptop and what i understand is that i have to use the command prompt to install alot of things, but mine has the [ key and B key stuck on but only in the camand prompt. im tryen to install world of warcraft. iv got wine and iv seen there is a cammand line. is that like a cammand prompt? if so how do i use it? thanks for reading =)
Hi Nick,

welcome to the forum. xbmcbuntu automatically starts xbmc. You have to logout of xbmc by choosing the logout button in the lower left. That should bring you to a login screen. Here you can choose a session different from xbmc. This will bring you to a desktop session.

Here you can open a terminal or whatever you want. If your keyboard on the laptop is broken. Try to get "ssh" installed. After that you can do the rest via putty.

Here is something that you need to read prior to continue, some basics:

What is ssh: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH?ac...%2FOpenSSH

Have fun and good luck.
that doesnt really help this is my only pc.
buy a new keyboard