Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-03-29, 03:19)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-29, 02:01)RavRob Wrote: [ -> ]No LEDs. It is a ATV310M

The ATV310M is a M3 device. This is for M6 devices only
To fix you'll have to get an usb serial adapter

Tx for your reply. I wouldn't know what to do to fix it. Once I have such an adapter, what else needs to be done?
Suntribe, Airplay to your iPhone or iPad will only work if they are both on the same WiFi connection. So if you have your KODI box connected by Wire Ethernet cable then your airplay does not work as I assume they are then consider not on the exact same network, i really wish this was unnecessary and I could work Ariplay even if Ethernet connected to my router..

You also need to turn on Airplay in the System|Services settings screen of course.

>>>Today I bought ATV1200 (it was a good deal - around $35) <<

Wow that is far cheaper than I can buy them direct from China trade Huh So I have to assume that was a second hand box hmm? If not where can we get them at that amazing price?

Now only ATV1220 boxes are available as the ATV1200 has now ceased production by Geniatech, but they are the same basic box as the ATV1200 and work perfectly with the latest Linux KODI Helix 14.x builds as you would expect. The 1220 boxes do though have an added DVB T2 facility with an RF socket on the rear, which sadly is no use to us using Linux builds of course; well until this feature is maybe added to the Linux builds in the future (maybe with EmBer ?? )
Hi raymw,

yes it was a second hand box, but it was in very good condition so I took it Smile If it will became bricked, it didn't cost much Wink Just kidding.

Anyways, the thing you're talking about Airplay not working between mixed ethernet and wifi devices, it simply unbelievable... It makes no sense, they are still on the same network.. Simmilar setup I have in my office.. I have kodi installed on my work computer (it's running ubunut). The computer is wire connected to the router, while my iPhone is over wifi... and AirPlay works. So I guess that if you (and everybody else) is experiencing the same thing that ethernet/wifi airplay isn't working, maybe airplay isn't working at all Smile

As I said, it has nothing to do with me thinking it should work (as it works on another setup), but simply it sould work as they are on the same network... they can communicate Smile
(2015-03-30, 11:35)suntribe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi raymw,

yes it was a second hand box, but it was in very good condition so I took it Smile If it will became bricked, it didn't cost much Wink Just kidding.

Anyways, the thing you're talking about Airplay not working between mixed ethernet and wifi devices, it simply unbelievable... It makes no sense, they are still on the same network.. Simmilar setup I have in my office.. I have kodi installed on my work computer (it's running ubunut). The computer is wire connected to the router, while my iPhone is over wifi... and AirPlay works. So I guess that if you (and everybody else) is experiencing the same thing that ethernet/wifi airplay isn't working, maybe airplay isn't working at all Smile

As I said, it has nothing to do with me thinking it should work (as it works on another setup), but simply it sould work as they are on the same network... they can communicate Smile

Ah I thought it must be second hand, but a good buy as the ATV1200 units are excellent boxes, easy to flash to Linux and without the Broadcom WiFI incompatibility problem of the ATV520 boxes, so you should have no problem with switching between Wired and WiFi connections.

I totally agree with you as indeed Airplay should in theory work fine from WiFi or Ethernet access as indeed it is still all on the same local network, just simply a different access method. After all DHCP still treats them both the same way when the router allocates LAN IP dynamic addresses Why they treat the WiFi as a different network for Airplay I just cannot understand. Unless there is some router setting that is at fault here but I have looked and cannot see anything that would cause that so assume it is a problem with Apple and their Airplay or the Linux build with our boxes
(2015-03-17, 06:01)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-17, 05:03)Grand Total Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-16, 19:19)joshua99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I would not mind at all if I could but I can't find anyway to upload photos.
Ironically it would now help me. Sad I now have a box which shows a red light initially, it changes to green after about 60 seconds and I get video out, but that's as far as it gets.

Here's the pic

Hi again, still trying (not very successfully) I would be very grateful if someone could confirm that this box is in fact an M6. It is a "cyclone nano 2 slim" dual core, arm cortext A9 1.5 ghz. 1gb ram & 4gb internal memory. Thanks in advance. Josh.
(2015-03-30, 22:56)joshua99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-17, 06:01)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-17, 05:03)Grand Total Wrote: [ -> ]Ironically it would now help me. Sad I now have a box which shows a red light initially, it changes to green after about 60 seconds and I get video out, but that's as far as it gets.

Here's the pic

Hi again, still trying (not very successfully) I would be very grateful if someone could confirm that this box is in fact an M6. It is a "cyclone nano 2 slim" dual core, arm cortext A9 1.5 ghz. 1gb ram & 4gb internal memory. Thanks in advance. Josh.

Yes any dual core box is M6
Thanks for the reply; so if I have it right M1 box = single core 512mb. M3 box = single core.1 gb. M6box = any dual core. but what about the MX & the MX2 boxes what are those? Huh Huh Huh I'll understand these things one day & apologies for what might seem to you to be a dumb question but it is not to me.
cheers. Josh.
(2015-03-31, 15:22)joshua99 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply; so if I have it right M1 box = single core 512mb. M3 box = single core.1 gb. M6box = any dual core. but what about the MX & the MX2 boxes what are those? Huh Huh Huh I'll understand these things one day & apologies for what might seem to you to be a dumb question but it is not to me.
cheers. Josh.

The same applies dual core is M6, but the firmware posted in here is for G02ref boards the MX boxes are G18ref. There's not many G02ref boards being made anymore, they are being fazed out i think
Hello

I'm new on this forum perhaps you can help me with my problem. I have a Geniatech atv3000b that I installed this linux firmware ***.mygica.es/downloads/Mygica-LINUX-xbmc-M3-20130306.zip and I'm stuck with this firmware for a long time. I tried to revert back to android, or update to another linux version that is explained in this threat but with no luck.
I can't make the box to upgrade from the sd card ( I tried few models different capacities 2, 4, 8 GB ) but with no luck, after I umplugged the box, insert the sd card with the new firmware, press the recovery button, insert the power cablle and wait for 10 - 15s but notthing happened. The box boots normally.
I don't know if the box is genuine or not, I bought it from an online shop from China.
If you can help me to change the firmware, thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.
Finally, we have Kodi 14.2 XDA build, Smile : http://ember-dev.com/downloads/
(2015-04-01, 17:34)momo Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, we have Kodi 14.2 XDA build, Smile : http://ember-dev.com/downloads/

OMG!! someone please install this!!!! Smile
(2015-04-01, 20:47)redi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-01, 17:34)momo Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, we have Kodi 14.2 XDA build, Smile : http://ember-dev.com/downloads/

OMG!! someone please install this!!!! Smile

Have a Sumvision X2 running Helix 14.1 from the first page on this post, decided to try ember.
Downloaded all 3 files on the ember site.
Used the revert to android first to get into android and then the convert to ember, no problems at all, Helix 14.2.
To early to make comments on this build but looks very promising.

Never hear of this "ember" build. I will wait to someone else test it or AuXBoX release 14.2.
(2015-04-01, 22:54)xbmcdoc Wrote: [ -> ]

Never hear of this "ember" build. I will wait to someone else test it or AuXBoX release 14.2.

The new EmbER will be exactly as my 14.2 build i would have posted, but with new boot logos.
I'll prob post this version on first page next.

And if anything new gets updated from now i'll share it
so I assume safe to flash overtop of our existing mx Linux (using the appropriate download)?

would existing settings be saved? or would it be best to backup settings and start fresh and then restore them?

looking forward to this because I like the idea of OTA updates. just makes life a little easier.