Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC app does not connect to internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed XBMC latest nightly dated 12/15/2013 (ARM) on my android 4.2 mini media steamer. The android box connects to the internet via wireless router fine. I can use the browser to browse and download stuff.
From within XBMC app, I can share music and movies from my LAN pc b ut the app shows not connected to internet.
So, I can't add any add-ons.
Is anyone having this issue?
I am having the same problem on my kaiser baas android media player. The android os for all other aspects connects to the net fine and im on a wired link. XMBC shows the right ip and dns but says no internet connection. I have tried removing and reinstalling the newest stable and also the nightly build and am stuck as well. I wanted to add the aeon nox skin but when I goto get add-ons its blank as it doesnt think it has internet access for some reason
(2013-12-26, 13:03)jarrod.morrison Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same problem on my kaiser baas android media player. The android os for all other aspects connects to the net fine and im on a wired link. XMBC shows the right ip and dns but says no internet connection. I have tried removing and reinstalling the newest stable and also the nightly build and am stuck as well. I wanted to add the aeon nox skin but when I goto get add-ons its blank as it doesnt think it has internet access for some reason

I tried all the nightlies, prod build but had the same problem.
Finally I installed a 3rd party build, "OUYAFREE-XBMC-12.3.apk" and it works flawlessly. Look for it in Google.
(2013-12-26, 17:28)meazz1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-26, 13:03)jarrod.morrison Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same problem on my kaiser baas android media player. The android os for all other aspects connects to the net fine and im on a wired link. XMBC shows the right ip and dns but says no internet connection. I have tried removing and reinstalling the newest stable and also the nightly build and am stuck as well. I wanted to add the aeon nox skin but when I goto get add-ons its blank as it doesnt think it has internet access for some reason

I tried all the nightlies, prod build but had the same problem.
Finally I installed a 3rd party build, "OUYAFREE-XBMC-12.3.apk" and it works flawlessly. Look for it in Google.

users installing this will get a bunch of piracy content addon and possible dangerous other with it included.
people who have this installed will NOT receive help from Team XBMC when they have this version installed.
users installing this will get a bunch of piracy content addon and possible dangerous other with it included.
people who have this installed will NOT receive help from Team XBMC when they have this version installed.

^^
I had no clue about all this. All I wanted was a working XBMC with the android box I bought and that was the only version of XBMC that worked.
Im happy to use a properly endorsed version but it was 10 days since meazz1 asked the question and there was no response from anyone but me ? Can you advise then what we should be looking for to fix the internet not connected issue for the app on android ?