Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive - archive.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(2021-09-16, 19:39)AntiPontifex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-15, 14:23)AntiPontifex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-14, 02:47)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again to @gujal for getting the ball rolling with this.

I've got the plot descriptions and download features working again, and also added some sorting options in the add-on settings.

This version will not be available from my repo, though it is available on my add-ons page (link in signature).
I've tired out the add-on: first of all, thanks! The overall search engine does not seem to be working for me: that's the only fault I've encountered thus far.
Could you add these categories: Speed Runs, Twitch Streams, Classic TV Commercials, Vintage Cartoons, and World of Longplays. Also, is there a way in python
to be able to add personal categories/selections to the add-on? If not to any of these, fine. I'm just glad to have the Internet Archive beack on Kodi. Thanks.

Ack, there's a typo in the code for the search function. Sorry 'bout that. Doing a little more code cleanup today and working on the Audio version too. I'll have a fixed Video version posted this weekend. The Audio version is almost there and I'll probably post it at the same time. Stand by...

As for adding categories, I could do this manually, but the code is already sloppy enough with a ton of band-aids and rubber bands that I don't want to add any more manually hard coded additions. The add-on scrapes the categories that are displayed at the top of the page. I'll see if there's a way to make it perform a deeper scrape to find and display more, but probably not this weekend. Having the search fixed and working should allow you to find at least some of the videos you are looking for.
(2021-09-18, 14:28)MetalChris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-16, 19:39)AntiPontifex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-09-15, 14:23)AntiPontifex Wrote: [ -> ]TrI've tired out the add-on: first of all, thanks! The overall search engine does not seem to be working for me: that's the only fault I've encountered thus far.
Could you add these categories: Speed Runs, Twitch Streams, Classic TV Commercials, Vintage Cartoons, and World of Longplays. Also, is there a way in python
to be able to add personal categories/selections to the add-on? If not to any of these, fine. I'm just glad to have the Internet Archive beack on Kodi. Thanks.

Truly excellent work, MetalChris. Thank you for the corrections and being receptive to user input. All the best.
Archive.org is an amazing site
Updated version of the Video add-on is now available. Fixed the typo in the Search function, and also found and fixed a bug in the Log Notifications.

Internet Archive [Video] - v 4.2.2

Also releasing a Matrix compatible version of the Audio add-on. Includes fixes to match the Video add-on.

Internet Archive [Audio] - v 4.2.2

I've probably missed some wrinkles, but I'm sure someone out there will point them out as they turn up. I'll thank you all in advance for that. Wink

Neither of these will be available from my repo, but will be available here and on my Add-ons page (link in signature). As always, if you experience any errors or issues with the add-ons, please provide a link to an unedited debug log (wiki).
Hi Chris

Just updated to your latest (4.2.2) and search is not working for me, I'll wait to see what others say (if their search is working) before I post a log, to make sure it is not just me.  I was searching for Shy Guy which is on about the 6th or 7th page of the Prelinger Archives menu

Edit:  I just checked using the plus sign to connect the words and it and another search did work
(2021-09-20, 00:39)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Chris

Just updated to your latest (4.2.2) and search is not working for me, I'll wait to see what others say (if their search is working) before I post a log, to make sure it is not just me.  I was searching for Shy Guy which is on about the 6th or 7th page of the Prelinger Archives menu

Edit:  I just checked using the plus sign to connect the words and it and another search did work

I, too, tried the search function, but again it did not work for me. Other than that, everything else seems to be working. Thanks, MetalChris.
Not sure why you're having problems with the search. I've added urllib_parse.quote_plus to encode the search query. Using a + between keywords is not needed. Searching for Shy Guy returns a list with 50 items for me.

I wanted to see if it was case sensitive so I tried Shy Guy twice and it worked.  Tried shy guy twice and it didn't work.  And then neither way would work
I'm using Matrix 19.1
(2021-09-21, 01:09)barney63 Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to see if it was case sensitive so I tried Shy Guy twice and it worked.  Tried shy guy twice and it didn't work.  And then neither way would work
I'm using Matrix 19.1

The search function is still not working for me either: it just errors out. Just guessing, but is it because I'm using this addon on a NVIDIA Shield?
Maybe the Android OS has something to do with it, perhaps? Anyway, thanks for trying.
@barney63, @AntiPontifex and anyone else having Search problems. I've uploaded an updated version which should now have a working search function. The main issue is apparently caused by slow response in returning results from the site when searching, and the add-on search would fail with a socket time-out error. Please download from the links below:

Internet Archive [Video] - v 4.2.4

Internet Archive [Audio] - v 4.2.4

These versions also have updated Log Notification settings. I wasn't aware the log levels changed for Matrix, and without realizing it the add-ons were spamming everyone's log files. Sorry 'bout that.

Neither of these will be available from my repo, but will be available here and on my Add-ons page (link in signature). As always, if you experience any errors or issues with the add-ons, please provide a link to an unedited debug log (wiki).
Thanks, as always, MetalChris: very, very much appreciated. I'll test these out and let you know how I fare.
Just tried the video add-on.

Good news: Sort by date works!

Bad news: Still no search results AND occasionally video playback times out.
Keep up the good work!
(2021-11-25, 20:53)AntiPontifex Wrote: [ -> ]Bad news: Still no search results AND occasionally video playback times out.

Please search for something and provide a log from the error.
There is no error. What happens is a folder icon displays named "New Search". Or simply put, no search results are being reported, but the program itself does not crash.
Hope this helps; also, I am using this app on a NVIDIA machine. Maybe that has something to do with it? Just a guess.....
(2021-11-26, 00:53)AntiPontifex Wrote: [ -> ]There is no error. What happens is a folder icon displays named "New Search". Or simply put, no search results are being reported, but the program itself does not crash.
Hope this helps; also, I am using this app on a NVIDIA machine. Maybe that has something to do with it? Just a guess.....

That's just freakin' weird. Huh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18