Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Equalizer Buildup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been researching for years now for a digital equalizer than can decode multichannel surround from toslink to toslink. I have been looking at Behringer ULTRACURVE PRO DEQ2496, however it is not a multichannel decoder and can only work with PCM (stereo). I have also been looking at MiniDSP but they have no support for multichannel either since a Dolby labs or DTS labs licensing is not possible.
The idea is to use the bypass from my TV into a digital equalizer before going into the amplifier. I have always been an audiophile and would love to have a parametric equalizer to play SACD and Blu-rays. The Amplifier only has treble, mid, and bass gains.
I realize that you can use a parametric equalizer in windows from IDT or ALC or even the the one built into VLC before going to the soundcard.
So then I thought it would be possible to build a computer with a Toslink input card, equalize the sound coming from DTS/AC3/PCM/AAC/etc and out into another Toslink output card.
I know that decoding it in my computer will be difficult because sound would need to be de-crypted first.

That got me thinking and realize that instead it would be better to build an HTPC with a blu-ray drive and instead play my movies from there and directly into the amplifier. What I would like to know is if it is possible to have a plugin that would allow Blu-rays and DVD's and MKV/FLAC and basically any audio and video file to be able to be equalized without having to exit full-screen and into windows taskbar or into Ubuntu desktop.
I am looking for some equalizer than can change frequencies in realtime such as the one in VLC or audio card.
Ideally no keyboard or mouse would be necessary for this. If this were to be possible I would love to have a touchscreen on a physical parametric band levels on the HTPC.

Thank you very much for your support.

You would fulfill my dream!