Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC2Set 2.0 Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is beta release of a new version of XBMC2Set. I do not expect any major bugs, but to be on the safe side I'm releasing this update as beta. Initially I created XBMC2Set as a tool to help me organize sets, but as I started working on a new version, I realized that there is room for additional features. So now, starting with version 2.0 you will have chance to organize sets, genres and coming later (studios and countries).

You can download it from HERE
If you have problem downloading it. Right click as select "Save Link As"

Compatible with XBMC 12.2 Frodo

How does it work? - XBMC2Set connects by default to your local xbmc database that is stored in XBMC folder. All changes are created within database. You can create your custom sets and genres. You can delete or move individual items or whole group of items. Working directly within database is way faster than updating data from nfo files.

It works with MySQL database - If your XBMC setup is using MySQL database, all you have to do is to provide server credentials:

*You will find this setting under Tools/Settings

Localhost - IP address or name of a computer where MySQL is installed
Database - XBMC "Frodo" creates database called MyVideos75, but you can also setup database with any other name
Port - by default MySQL is using port 3306
User - name of xbmc user that you created within MySQL
Password - password for that user

UPDATE: Jan 29th, 2014
- Added support for TV Series Genres
hello
thank you for this !
i was looking for a tool like this from a long time

How can i add a movie to an existant set ?
You welcome, I'm glad you like it.

Adding movie to existing set:

Start typing name of the existing set in box "Name:" . This would bring up drop down list of the set you are looking for. Select that set name and from the list of the movies underneath select one that you want to add. You can select one or more items. Now, click "save" button and you are done.

1. Reload all movies
2. Latest 10 movies added to library
3. Filter movies by first letter
4. Movies with missing genres
5. Filter movies by source
6. Type new name or select one from existing list

Hello
it works !
Thank you very much !!!
This looks great, I have been looking for a database manager(others I've found were outdated/abandoned). I know this is for movie sets, but is there any plans to add support for TV genres? Alternatively, does anyone know of a TV db manager?
Yes, I'm planning to work on db manager for movies and tv.
thanks for this. going to give it a go!
Finally have some time to mess around with this tonight. I don't see how or where to add a movie to an existing collection.
(2014-01-29, 01:52)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]Finally have some time to mess around with this tonight. I don't see how or where to add a movie to an existing collection.

Huh
See post #3 in this thread !
(2014-01-29, 17:03)mardup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-29, 01:52)bry- Wrote: [ -> ]Finally have some time to mess around with this tonight. I don't see how or where to add a movie to an existing collection.

Huh
See post #3 in this thread !

I did - i will try again later tonight
Application is updated. Now, you are able to create your own genres for TV Series.