Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Broken DTS to AC3 transcoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have been using GOTHAM Alpha 9 release for a couple of months and I was really glad that DTS to AC3 transcoding was finally fixed. This was a really helpful feature.

Last week end, I upgraded to alpha 10 and there was a heavy lifting to the input audio menu. Now, DTS to AC3 transcoding is not working anymore, or at least I could not get it to work.

Is someone confirming me that this got broken again? If so, how can I let know the developers to open that issue?

Regards and thanks for your answers.

Config: Mac Mini with HDMI output.
I tested it - transcoding is working like before.

Ensure that you have your settings level switched to advanced (confluence skin - settings level is on the lower end of the settings option list) and check:

"Enable passthrough"
"Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver".

Ensure that "DTS capable receiver" is deselected. Also ensure that you have set your speakerlayout to 2.0 else LPCM will be used which is something you don't want.
Memphiz, thanks a lot. That did it!
Prior to your post, I did everything you suggested except the one about the 2.0 speaker layout and got my AC3 5.1 back! Though, it's counter-intuitive when you try to make a 5.1 system work Smile

Thanks again.
We can't make it any more intuitive. We have given this a long thought and this is what we came up with. Users don't know the difference between LPCM and passthrough and they mostly don't get how it belongs to the number of speakers setup. But hey i guess we won't ever make the audio settings so easy that every one gets its prefered settings without asking Wink - so we just keep supporting the issues...
Sure. I meant it felt counter-intuitive to me but frankly I'm just happy it just works whatever the settings are Wink

It makes my soundbar and 5.1 and audio setup complete and I thank XBMC's devs for this Wink