Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HowTo record streams (IPTV, Mediathek)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'am using Frodo with OpenElec on a RPi and l watch some TV-streams or use the Mediathek AddOns for the german TV. Very often I'd like to record a stream to have a local copy of the documentary or tv-show.

How can this be done? I searched the web, but got no real answer.

I've also configured a Dreambox as Live-TV-Provider (VU Plugin).

TIA and Merry Christmas.
Am I the only person using XBMC who wants to save a stream to watch it later? On a dreambox there is a streamripper, nothing similar to XBMC?
well, if by TV-Streams you mean dvb-t,dvb-s or dvb-c then the vu+ add-on will save the stream for you if you set a schedule to record.

if you mean a live web stream, then im not sure. since the rpi has x264 hardware encoder enabled, it would be nice to think someone had implemented a capture filter/setup, but ive not seen one myself...

D.
Hi Dam0,

I'am talking about streams via IPTV. Encoding isn't important, just save the stream coming over IP to a file should be enough, though it's already encoded in h263 or something similar.
Hello,

I too am searching for a solution to save internet streams to a local storage. I can not believe that there is no such add-on to kodi!

BR,
- Mirko -