Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE Remote Behaving Strangely After Move
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I moved XBMC 12.2 to a new PC, pretty similar to the old one. Everything seems to have gone smoothly except the MCE remote (Logitech Harmony One) is not working properly.

It responds to the "normal" commands. By that I mean the default buttons on a typical MCE remote (CUSOR KEYS, ENTER, STOP, PLAY, etc.). However, none of the other commands I've programmed into the remote are functioning, for example TAB, HOME, END, etc.

I did my custom keys on the Harmony One. It's been working fine for the past year, and still works on the old system. I never created a custom keyboard.xml. I did a search for "keyboard.xml" on the old and new systems and the only ones that exist are the default ones and the one in XBMX\system\keymaps.

I copied the userdata folder from the old system to the new one, so nothing's been changed. I've compared the two installations and can't find anything that's different.

What might I have overlooked?
After more testing, it's even more of a mystery.

The ShowKey utility displays different results from one computer to the other, yet there are no custom keyboard.xml files on either machine. I know I never created one. Pressing the Home button on one systems yields:

<home>Notification(Key, home, 3)</home>

and pressing the same button on the other system yields this:

<c>Notification(Key, c, 3)</c>

All of the buttons that don't work they way they are supposed to exhibit these differences. Weird.
Solved. Of course, it was user stupidity.

At some point in the distant past (more than six months is the distant past for me these days) I did some remapping using the MCERemote add-on. All it took was to apply those mappings to the new computer. Much useless frustration spent on this problem, but it's working fine now.