Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frodo 12.3 crashing on launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded both my OS (Ubuntu 12.4) and my XBMC to Frodo 12.3. However, when I try to launch the program I see the XBMC startup screen for about 5 seconds, then the program crashes.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? thought it might be a graphics card issue (running Dell Optiplex 270GX - Intel Extreme Graphics 2) as the computer is ancient. However, I can watch videos just fine with mplayer and my display seems fine.
Welcome.

I bet when you go to pastebin a log you will find Gallium or similar as your video driver, which is incorrect. Short answer post better information see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
Yeah, mplayer is not xbmc. xbmc needs a fully working Video Card with OpenGL drivers. I am quite sure what I will see in your logs.
(2013-12-25, 03:22)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]I bet when you go to pastebin a log you will find Gallium or similar as your video driver, which is incorrect. Short answer post better information see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655

Sorry! I thought all the logging had to be enabled through XBMC, and since my XBMC crashes on launch I assumed I couldn't grab a log file.

But it seems like I was wrong, so here's my log! Any help deciphering it would be appreciated.

I'll post the rest of the info soon (backtrace, etc).
Quote:GL_RENDERER = Mesa DRI Intel® 865G x86/MMX/SSE2

There are evil workaround in that forum to get this non compliant GPU running. I don't link them, cause I cannot suggest using them. Hint, google: intel 865G xbmc workaround
Hello there,

Same problem here except i have an Intel 945GM.
I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10, removed and reinstalled xbmc (by removing folders as well manually).

It worked fine until during a movie stream playback the screen froze. I had to reset the computer to find out the xbmc does not launch properly any more.

Any Idea? I am thinking to completly remove xbmc and going back to the previous version. I've had no trouble with that for long time.

XBMC crashlog Pastebin link:
http://pastebin.com/vF7Fq9Xp
Welcome to forums

See PulseAudio (wiki) v12.3 doesnt like it and you shoul either kill it before xbmc starts or consider upgrading or purging pulseaudio.
Hi uNiversal,

I did some test again. Reinstalled xbmc yet again.
Installed fusion again.
From the fusion i did "Fresh Start Addon" I'm assuming that removes all the files that I might miss during manual deletes.
Rebooting.
Installed only icefilm, 1channel and Iplayer addons. Worked perfectly fine. No problem whatsoever. I tested the system for a few days It was working fine.
So after that I installed two more repositories first KIKINS Repo.
There was an error popup message saying the repo has a bad struckture.
However I installed Dailyfix repo as well. That was when the problem started again. It just keeps crashing.

So I do not know if the pulse audio is at fault but it worked with the first addons. So I rather think one of these repos causes the problem.

Now I'll try to remove them manually and see what happens.

Any advices is still appreciated.
You are correct all those addons and repos you are using are to blame, You are purposefully breaking xbmc Wink You first break xbmc with fusion (well known for destroying xbmc - and then break it further by using all those addons you mention which are unsupported and badly coded and support piracy, congrats.

Dont install any of that in forst place and come back if you want help with xbmc only, anyone will be happy to help you run xbmc but not with any of that.

I suggest you read forum rules as well Wink