Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Sound. Since Mac Mavericks and Frodo 12.3 Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I use XMBC on a MacMini running under my television, the Mac is running Mavericks as the OS and is up to date. The Mac is connected to a TV via a HDMI cable. As with a lot of users Frodo 12.2 didn't work after I updated to Mavericks so I updated to 12.3 as soon as it came out. I can now run XBMC and play video (various file types) but I cannot hear any sound.

I have checked the sound settings within the OSX control panel, and they are correct. I can play other files outside of XBMC ok. I have changed the Audio output settings to HDMI in XBMC but I still cannot get any sound at all. I have also played around with the Audio Output settings and have tried every combination of options I can. I had no issues with Frodo 12.2.

Can anyone help me with troubleshooting please? Things I should try or settings that I should select. Would really appreciate it.
please post Debug Log
I tried to install the XBMC Log Uploader but it fails when trying to install. Is there another way I can do this?
yes, look in ~/Library/Logs/ for xbmc.log, post it to pastebin.com and link here
as a test, look in ~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/ for guisettings.xml

shutdown xbmc(!!) , backup guisettings.xml( to guisettings.xml_bak) and start XBMC again, is there a sound then?
Here you go, thanks!

http://pastebin.com/TJkUv05X
seems like a general issue on 10.9 .. you are not the only one that sees it ... I'll try to reproduce and see if we can narrow it down. did you try to remove guisettings.xml?

EDIT: works ok here on 10.9.1, 64 and 32 bit play fine

EDIT2: I dont see in your log that you have played anything, could you post a log of the session where you played something
+1 same problem
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159702

Quote:Try setting the speakerlayout to 2.0 in audio-midi-setup.

Worked for me.

Also changed the output from default to built-in output. Didn't work after but I didn't change it back either before changing to 2.0.
Setting it to 2.0 worked for me as well. What changed? The reason I normally leave it set to 2.1 is that I have a Samsung soundbar that I use sometimes and it's a 2.1 configuration (vs my TV output which is 2.0).

Randy
lpcm is still having issues with channel mapping - 2.0 should be save for most use cases (including pass through of 5.1 via aac/ac3/dts).