Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to record a stream?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I installed XMBC on my mac and I enjoy watching my favourites tv channels live, but what about if I'd like to record the streaming in my iMac and watch it later? There's a way to save the streaming from XMBC (or elsewhere) to iMac hard disk?
Thanks, bye!
This might be a good place for you to start- http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=PVR
Ok, I have yet big confusion... To do what I want do I need some hardware linked to my XBMC software or some software addons are enough?
$2 say that he is talking about streaming using some video addon and he would like to download it and watch later.
Yes... no one helps me?
its up to addon, which addon is it?
It's possible that no one has the need to record the streaming as I have it? there is no way?
Please.... thanks
amet asked a very clear question that remains unanswered.
So there is no way? It seems so strange....
Ok well it appears you are refusing to answer any real question or provide any specifics vs simply reiterating repeatedly so I wouldn't expect any more insights from others
I don't understand why everyone is being so odd about this. The original question is as plain as a pikestaff. He's streaming TV (presumably over the 'net) and would like to record the stream to watch at another time. What he doesn't know is how, or even if, this can be done?

I'd like to do the same thing, which why I came here looking for an answer.
I have asked what addon it is that he uses, he wouldn't answer and you also didn't provide any info...

you cant expect us to help if we dont know what we are dealing with, XBMC doesnt save any streams, its up to addon to do and since we dont know what addon it is we cant help
(2014-02-09, 20:20)GraemeJ Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why everyone is being so odd about this. The original question is as plain as a pikestaff. He's streaming TV (presumably over the 'net) and would like to record the stream to watch at another time. What he doesn't know is how, or even if, this can be done?

I'd like to do the same thing, which why I came here looking for an answer.

Different add-ons use different methods, and there is no single magic "catch all" way to record/download/save videos. If you can't simply answer the question of what add-ons you are using or what exactly you are trying to save, then no, we can't answer your question.
I'm running 'not filmon', basically to stream BBC television, which is no longer available where I live.

Another problem, I discovered this evening, is that there is no audio on the HDMI output (I use a breakout box that splits the audio off to a hi.fi system).
I've sorted out the audio problem, but still do not know about the possibility of recording a stream.
Pages: 1 2