Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Split videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i want to play recordings from a nanoxx 9500HD, the first file being generated is <name>.trp and then after roughly 45 minutes it starts a new one <name>.001 and continues in this manner counting upwards, there are both movies and tv shows.
I know it's possible to combine them manually, i've tried doing moviestacking but i can't seem to get it to work.
Here's an example recording: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/je1ub5o46bsb0g2/crNaO-I16A

Here's my advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <moviestacking action="append">
        <regexp>(.*?)(\.)([0-9]{3}|trp)$</regexp>
    </moviestacking>
    <videoextensions>
        <add>.trp</add>
    </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

XBMC Ver: 12.3
If I've read your reg exp and the file stacking wiki entry correctly, then your reg exp is missing one capture expression.

The wiki indicates you must have four capture expressions, and I've only understood 3 in your example.

Although, I think file stacking expects the file extension to be the same for all files. I.e. it intends to match filename-part1.avi, filename-part2.avi. So maybe this wont work so well for you. Someone will hopefully correct me here if I'm wrong.

You may be able to get things to work better if you rename your files to include the .trp extension and adjust your regex. For example, rename:
<name>.trp --> <name>.000.trp
<name>.001 --> <name>.001.trp
etc.

Good luck.
Can't believe i missed that note, but considering they all end with dates, shouldn't this one work?
Code:
(.*?)(\d)(\.)([0-9]{3}|trp)$
I tried renaming the files:
Quote:<name>.trp -> <name> cd1.trp
<name>.001 -> <name> cd2.trp
But that gives me 2 entries of the same tv show episode in the tv show view, when i hover over the episodes they show the correct summed up time of both files but when i try to play them they just show the specific file and then cuts off, is that a setting i need changed or?

Thanks in advanced

Edit----------

Just read a little more on file stacking wiki and it turns out stacking only works for movies right now, will test the regexp on a movie later

Edit----------

Ok so it works with the standard method of naming for the movies but not the tv shows.
As far as i've understood it that regexp should work, but it obviously doesn't
Sorry, I missed that you were also including TV shows. I think I stopped when I saw movies. Otherwise I might have had a chance to clue in on that.

I could try to help with the regex, but I'd need a few sample file names to be sure. Or you could run your regex and filename through a PCRE tester like this one - https://www.debuggex.com/. That website is nice as it also givse a pictorial of the regex and how it is working (i.e. visual).

But, if you're using a filename like "moviename cd1.trp" or "moviename-cd2.trp", then I think the regex would be something like this:

Code:
(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd)[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$

I don't think you're supposed to include the file extension in the regex matching, but the last grouping seems to take care of that (at least from the testing of the code I stole it from in the wiki).
I edited in a dropbox link for a typical file structure
It looks like this
Quote:The Mentalist 01-12-2013.001
The Mentalist 01-12-2013.idx
The Mentalist 01-12-2013.ifo
The Mentalist 01-12-2013.trp
The Mentalist 01-12-2013.vbp

Oh that indeed was a neat website!

I would prefer not having to rename files but it might be needed, if i do however, movies work like a charm with cdX and same extension

and after reading in on the "How does file stacking work", i think you're right on the fact that you're not supposed to include the file extension in the regexp