Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sometimes laggy playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my tv to a new panasonic tx-p50gt60 as to want the last plasma they will make ever ... R I P great displays !

now i have an issue because my last tv was only 720p supported so now i have full 1080p

i got a frequent drop of frames in the area around 10-30sec of playback a slight stutter ... this did not happen before
i tried numerous settings what ive found like DXVA2 off , playback sync , use fullscreen rather than fullscreen window , ...

i still experience these small stuttering ...

my htpc is an Asus E350m1 deluxe with 4gigs of ram , files straight of the htpc's 2tb hdd ( no network streaming (yet))
my htpc is hooked to a denon avr-x1000 that goes to my tv ( that i installed too recently )

only thing whats left on my mind is a defragmentation but i dont know if this is gonna help
add a debug log (wiki)
which drivers are you using ?
How do I do a debug log?

I use the ati drivers from a year or a year and a half ago

Just tested the external player but had same issue (mpc-HD )
Also checked defragmentation and I set it automaticly every week...
also disabled aero and all tweaks i found online ...
Have you checked your system usage? I recommend downloading sysinternals tools (free) and checking your system performance with process explorer.
At xbmc info showed around 20-30% cpu . 15% gpu
Try disabling you antivirus software temporarily.
Aint got one.
(2013-12-29, 13:05)HansP Wrote: [ -> ]How do I do a debug log?

follow the link,
I think I got it by downloading net catalyst drivers

I was still running 08 and now its 13

Prolly need more testing but if it comes back I will try to set a debug log
i use the V12 myself,
but give it a try.
Will do of I get similar issues... im planning on building a mini itx nas anyway so I will be going to use xbmc linux build soon I think