Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MovieTitle, The
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My movie library is being displayed as follows: -

Edward Scissorhands
Elysium
The Emperors New Grove
The Fly
Insidious
Iron Man

Is there a way to have XBMC sort such that 'The' is at the end of the title, eg:
Edward Scissorhands
Elysium
Emperors New Grove, The
Fly, The
Insidious
Iron Man

I have "Ignore articles when sorting" enabled.

Thanks!
Welcome to forums.

I dont think thats possible using default skin maybe look at Advancedsettings.xml#.3Csorttokens.3E (wiki) you can ignore tokens.

Other skins may do this idk, its skin dependant I think.

Would be nice if default confluence could also do this via Video_navigation (wiki) sort by.
I think there is an option to have XBMC ignore "the" when sorting the file list.

It wont put "the" at the end of the name, but it should sort it the way you want it.
@Jogee

The OP already set that. and if you read the description

Code:
Ignore articles when sorting
    Allows for certain tokens to be ignored during sort operations. For example, with this option enabled, "The Simpsons" would simply be sorted as "Simpsons".
    Tokens are configured through langinfo.xml or through <sorttokens> in advancedsettings.xml.

Which is where I pointed to <sorttokens> in advancedsettings.xml or Advancedsettings.xml#.3Csorttokens.3E (wiki)

What he wants is not possible in default skin anyway though it will sort like he want with that option enabled
It's not possible with any skin (well, I guess technically it would be possible, but they'd be duplicating a bunch of code).

You could probably do it using the <originaltitle> feature via .nfo files, but it's a bit of a large workaround.

I wouldn't have a problem if someone knocked up a pull request for it. The idea would be to change the code that looks to set the label from the database to utilize the advancedsetting. I think you'd have to be careful about where you did this - it doesn't make sense to remove "The" from the start of plots for example.