Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2008 R2 and Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,

I have XBMC running on Win 2008 R2. I also have a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec and XBMC. Both are running Frodo 12.2.

I want to share the library between both using NFS for the file shares, which I have setup and can mount/access via the Pi. I have MySQL setup, enabled and working.

My problem is, when adding sources on Win 2008 R2, selecting NFS from the list, I can see the NFS path under 192.168.1.99/movie, however, I cannot enter the directory and cannot see the individual movie folders. Selecting the path 192.168.1.99/movie within the XBMC gui, running on Win 2008 R2, XBMC reports that the folder is not on the network.

I have checked the permissions on the NFS and ALLMACHINES and my Win 2008 R2 server are all listed with full read/write and root permissions.

Ideally I want to run XBMC on my Win 2008 R2 server but also share that library with XBMC running on my Raspberry Pi (preferring not to use SMB sharing)

Any help much appreciated.
I tried path subsitution, however, this meant my Windows machine was adding the subsituted path as a source and duplicating content in the MySQL database. I gave up on this solution and moved to SMB.

Both PI and Win box are in sync but I now have to deal with the wireless issues on the pi.

In short, as most people have already suggested, only use NFS if all of your XBMC clients are Unix based otherwise use SMB where you have windows and Unix clients.