Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Clean library - new meaning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Has the "clean library" been given a new meaning in Gotham? Previously it used to clear out missing links, etc, but now it actually clears the library completely. Sad

I am running A11 with my library stored using MySQL on a remote computer.
It appears to be an issue with the "clean library" functionality.. From searching it appears I am not the only one having issues.. It seems the bug was introduced in A10, but it is still there in A11.. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.
Are you sure it's not just a case of the "source is not available so items are removed" behavior?
(2013-12-31, 15:26)negge Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure it's not just a case of the "source is not available so items are removed" behavior?

Positive.. The strange thing is the movies appear to still be there in the Movie library, however no information is available if you press the Info button, also all the covers, etc, that previously were available in "files" mode are gone.. I have been using XBMC since the Xbox1 and never seen this before.
Im tagging in just to follow this too.

Though I havent seen any logs and without logs it really never happened.

But to weigh in, after cleaning my library it removed tons of information and art from my databases that had nothing to do with sources availability. I'm also at Alpha 11 compiled daily from source.

I recon clean database is somewhat broken but I cant be sure as I restored my db backup and dare not press the button again.
Thansk for the heads up, I'll do a backup and avoid hitting the button. If I decide to do it, I'll try to remember to post debug logs.