Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Audio After Long Pause / Resume 12.2 or 12.3 on Zotac Mag ION Chipset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been running XBMCbuntu 12.0 on my Zotac Mags for a year now without issues. So I went to upgrade to 12.3 and I found a problem. It looks like when you pause video playback for longer than 10 seconds on resume there is no audio. I also notice there are no sounds when in menu's after that. What I did find it that going into alsamixer and muting then unmuting S/PDIF 1 immediately solves the problem in real time until the next time you pause all other controls do not. You can also stop the video them reply and the audio is back as well. my brain is also telling me that when there is no activity for the same period in the gui the audio disspears as well

System is a Zotac Mag ION chipset attached to TV via HDMI. Audio is setup to 2.0 (2.1 tried) output and no other options enabled. I tried every HDMI and passthough device with no luck same issue.

So I tried a clean install of 12.2 XBMCbuntu and have the same issue. Never had this issue with the 12.0 install's

Anyone have any ideas? If you need logs plese point me to how to get them

IBJ
I can Imagine you need to select a different HDMI device when you resume, try it.
(2014-01-01, 13:16)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]I can Imagine you need to select a different HDMI device when you resume, try it.

Not sure what you mean by selecting a different HDMI while in pause. If I stop the video and restart it it fixes the issue as well. I have selected all the different output options on the Audio Setting page with no change in the problem. I have also confirmed this with several different Zotac Mags, One clean install of 12.2 one upgrade from 12.0 to 12.3. On one machine I re-installed a fresh version of 12.0 and problem goes away.

Thanks
IBJ
I said, whe you resume, goto audio settings and chnage hdmi device once or twice amn walla sound returns.
It't the audio suspend code that was added after 12.2

create ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with the content

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
(2014-01-01, 23:51)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]I said, whe you resume, goto audio settings and chnage hdmi device once or twice amn walla sound returns.

What, every time you pause a video for 10 seconds? That isn't even a viable workaround.
(2014-01-01, 23:54)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]It't the audio suspend code that was added after 12.2

create ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with the content

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

Frtisch

That fixed it! Thanks!

IBJ
(2014-01-02, 00:18)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-01, 23:51)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]I said, whe you resume, goto audio settings and chnage hdmi device once or twice amn walla sound returns.

What, every time you pause a video for 10 seconds? That isn't even a viable workaround.

I thought it was at resume from suspend only.

in any case its solved by streamsilence.