Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping Customization Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hopefully some expert could help/advice me on this topic.

I have a TLBB(The Little Black Box) that runs Linux/XBMC.

To scrape my HD for movies XBMCrequire a special format example: /Movies/Big Buck Bunny/Big Buck Bunny.mkv

I have standardized my folders like this: /Film/(dra)Big Buck Bunny(2007)/Something whatever.mkv (no subfolders under those)

As you can see first I have the genre like (dra) always 3 characters and last the year gotten from IMDB (YYYY).

I would like to customize the scraping so it only gets info from the folders and skipping the file info.

My genre-names are standardized but would not be directly understood by the scraping program, I would need to tell the program
what they mean like: (dra)=Drama (rys)=Horror (kri)=Crime etc.

Could this be possible ? Also, could it be activated in the TLBB ?

Happy New Year
mrfoyne
Find your movie source, open the Change content dialog and select "movies are in separate folders matching the movie name". That should make it ignore the actual filename. I'm guessing it will fail though since you use a non-standard naming scheme. Any chance you could just remove the genre from the titles? XBMC will figure out the genres anyway.
You should be able to use a custom regex in advancedsettings.xml to do what you want, but the better option is to name things the xbmc way.