Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Shows not in TVDB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
Newish to XBMC so please bare with me.

I have some Videos I'd like to watch through XBMC but they are not in the TVDB. I can't really understand how this is possible since Videos seem to HAVE to match to a TV show or Movie.

Some things I'm trying to add is just a playlist of things like WWE Raw, Formula 1 races, some soccer Games.

Honestly... naming convention isn't so important to me. I'd like like to create a smart playlist that lists any files with "Formula 1" for example. I just don't really understand how.
I read up a little on creating NFO files but since most of these don't have consistent sXXeXX info AND come in multi-files... I have no idea. Nothing I've tried works.

Am I correct? This seems a little odd that I can't simply list some files in a playlist. What am I missing here? I feel there's just a step I'm missing.
You mean like Videos -> Files?
You can write your own nfo files, or you can be community minded and add those that are allowed to tvdb.com. (Having said that, I don't think sport is allowed there).
Nickr,
Yes, it's 2 fold. Sports aren't allowed. Also, if there were "set" episodes I could go ahead of create entries but if I take an recurring show without a set schedule (like a sports teams) I'd have to go in and write it up every few days which is sort of defeats the purpose of trying to automate a system like this.

I'm completely stumped. I ran across this thread since it's EXACTLY what I'm trying to do. I even have Formula 1 videos I want to add exactly like this and the format would work for other things too.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=96518&page=16

Of course, I have downloaded the files the guys added on that thread and while it "kinda" works and I can now see the files... XBMC is completely ignoring my NFO files.

Sorry to sound like such a newb. I don't really get it though. I've read all the guides. File structure is now in place, naming convention is correct. NFO files exists exactly as outline but they are being totally ignored.
debug log (wiki)