Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Runtime Abnormalities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Happy new year!

Got an issue with runtimes that are sometimes being returned correctly, and other times, incorrectly - wondered if you had any advice.

If I try and get the runtime of a movie using 'VideoLibrary.GetMovies' I get it rounded to whole minutes. However if I set a movie playing, then use the 'Player.GetItem' to get the runtime of the movie being played it works perfectly, it gives the runtime to the second. No big deal, can live with doing it that way.

But if I try and use 'Player.GetItem' to get the runtime of a TV show that I've set playing it rounds the runtime. (usually to 1:00.00 as most of my TV shows are around the 50 minute mark)

Any advice on how I can get accurate runtimes for TV Shows (and movies if there's any easier way to what I'm doing) would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave
You may want to use Player.GetProperties to retrieve runtimes. It seems to work correctly.

Example:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetProperties","params":{"playerid":1,"properties":["time","totaltime","position","shuffled","repeat","percentage"]},"id":1}

This example has more info than what you need but it should give you an idea of the syntax.
What version of XBMC are you running?
Thanks for the reply, I'll give the GetProperties method a try and report back.

Montellese, I'm running 12.2 on windows 7 and am running 12.3 on mac os - both exhibiting the issue.

Cheers
(2014-01-06, 01:24)vidtech Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply, I'll give the GetProperties method a try and report back.

Montellese, I'm running 12.2 on windows 7 and am running 12.3 on mac os - both exhibiting the issue.

Cheers

IIRC there have been some improvements for the runtime value since Frodo which will be part of Gotham.