Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Acer Veriton L410, which version, if any!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently purchased an Acer Veriton L410 Like below.

I bought it as replacement for my failed dell optiplex sx260 project!

The specs are.

Acer Veriton L410 Desktop Tower
AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core (5000+) 2.6GHz Processor with 512KB L2 Cache
2048MB 667/800MHz DDR2 RAM
320GB Hard Drive
Intergrated RS690 Graphics
DVD-RW Optical Drive
Gigabit Ethernet LAN

I have tried all the versions listed on the download site and cannot get any of them to work, I tried an old eden version I have and that installed but was completely un-usable, everything was so slow, even navigating the main screen was painfully slow!
Has anyone got any bright ideas?

Thanks.
You may have needed to install the ATI video drivers instead of the open source ones
Well that would make sense!

Now this is where I start to fall down! Where would I find a suitable driver? I have checked out the available drivers on the acer site and they only support windows.
only OpenElec stable(if at all) will provide hardware decoding. This is AMD abandon ware. The OSS radeon driver does not support its old UVD engine.
Ive tried openelec without success too, so Its safe to assume that this is going to be a failure too!
yeah, its sad, but windows might be your best bet...
Jees since when did windows become the best bet!!

Would I be any better running windows, with xbmc installed, or will I still have the same problem?
Hi there,

I have a veriton l410 myself and run it with Windows 7 and XBMC Frodo 12.3 and it runs great.
Optical audio out, video is DVI to HDMI.
With only 1 Gb of memory end a 125 Gb SSd drive.

Greetings from The Netherlands