Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't get two XBMCs to communicate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Both XBMCs are XBMCbuntu 12.3 running on Acer Aspire Revos. For some reason I can't get the one in the bedroom to see the one in the main room which is the media server. Even when I try to use programs like PlugPlayer (Which has worked before) nothing shows up as a server or a receiver.

I have UPNP on and I double checked my router.... I'm really not sure what is wrong here....

I guess my question is - What is the easiest and best way to have two XBMCs communicate and what must be working for them to do this?
first check that both have an IP from the same subnet. Either directly in linux or in Xbmc system status pages.
If you have proper IPs, try to ping the server from the other machine.
Thanks for the reply! Magically they started working together and seeing each other.... I really don't understand what was wrong or what happened. I went back to the problem after 12 hours and it was resolved.

Weird....

Now I'm trying to get both XBMCs to play the same synced media. If anyone knows directly how to do this, I'd love the advice. I'll be searching around and trying things before I post a new thread on this.
(2014-01-03, 18:42)zlooo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply! Magically they started working together and seeing each other.... I really don't understand what was wrong or what happened. I went back to the problem after 12 hours and it was resolved.

Weird....

Now I'm trying to get both XBMCs to play the same synced media. If anyone knows directly how to do this, I'd love the advice. I'll be searching around and trying things before I post a new thread on this.

Won't happen.