Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LiveTV addons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any liveTv addons available out there? Whether they're free or u pay a subscription. Either way is like to find a solid source for live television Big Grin

Edit: also I'm running XBMC on android (aka: OUYA) Smile
If you would consider You tube live, then just have a peek in the repositories. Most of the add-ons are just front ends for what is available through your own browser. There used to be a few stations that streamed their broadcasts in real time (a few news channels, like RT news or Al Jazeera ) and if you hunt around using Google you might turn up a few others. Most of the networks are waking up and cutting next day internet streaming delivery with the likes of Hulu being sensitive to money derived from cable sources. There are 3rd party servers buffering broadcasts to stream for $, but it's a shady business that isn't supported here, and I doubt they will be in business long.
See: Live TV (wiki)
Hey derty ...

I too just got an Ouya and can't seem to find good live tv streams. The ones through Mashup where pretty poor quality, but have not tried it via their 1.4.0 update.

Have you found a solution yet? Huh
(2014-01-30, 21:24)jsneor Wrote: [ -> ]Hey derty ...

I too just got an Ouya and can't seem to find good live tv streams. The ones through Mashup where pretty poor quality, but have not tried it via their 1.4.0 update.

Have you found a solution yet? Huh

I havnt yet man Sad
Still tryin to get giddy up network to run right since that has every channel u want to watch haha
thanks for your reply derty. i really want to get rid of cable, but my wife still likes the old school way of surfing.
once i find some good streams, i can finally free up that cable money for weeknd funds.
would you let me know when you do find a solution? i shall do the same.
read this jsneor: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119117
i've remove the link + reference to the piracy stuff
(2014-01-31, 18:59)opdenkamp Wrote: [ -> ]read this jsneor: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119117
i've remove the link + reference to the piracy stuff

thank you for the link, and my apologies for that link.
i just liked what he did so much, wanted to share.