Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music not playing from library but from folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem still not found! I thought I had found the problem, but the songs in the music library are still not played if the files scanned are on a Synology NAS mapped via uPnP. Ripping a CD with XBMC does not change this behaviour. I just cleaned the library and scanned one single CD.

I have a large collection of FLAC files ripped from CD (not using XBMC however). Scanning them into the library showed no obvious error. However, when accessing them from "Artist", "Album" etc. I always get an error, i.e. they cannot be played when in library mode. Error: "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log...". From Music/Files the all play prefectly. There must be something wrong with the database or access path. What are the limitations for folders, names, lengths, special characters etc.? How can I check DB integrity? I assume a re-scan would not help and I want to avoid having to re-rip all CDs...

Below is the complete logfile after a fresh restart of XBMC and first trying to play a song from library mode (>error) and then successfully from file mode.

Any hints are highly appreciated!

Edit: do not post logs directly here, and when uploading always create a debug log (wiki)
Please post a Debug Log on pastebin or xbmclogs.com or similar and link to it from here.
I'm having the same problem, did this get solved? Running Gotham beta2.
The same is valid for you... upload a debug log (wiki)