Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [No longer maintained] Confluence skin (Revamp) - XBMC Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This "skin" is discontinued, in favour of a skin theme which is easier to maintain and use without loosing any of these improvements.

Please see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203291 for updated thread/project.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello to all

Preface:

I have worked and continue to work on improving textures and other quality and consistency perceived problems in the default Confluence skin.
This is based on the Confluence skin that ships with XBMC and aside from the graphics mentioned below, this is exactly like default skin features wise.

XBMC is constantly evolving! So is the Default skin! As more images based on raster graphics are resized/rescaled not to mention the extra resizing done to some textures via skin within some dialogs, starts to become more apparent that this needs addressing. More so with Full HD screen and TV's since the skin was originally released.
This is a W.I.P. skin graphics and much work is still being done on the graphics. I hope soon to offer more color themes to you.

I decided, the time has come to let users actually use it, and gage interest and feedback.

SKIN FEATURES
The features available are the same as default skin, in essence this is really a skin theme, never meant to add/remove features, it means only to improve the general graphics. Also to provide designers with psd sources (with vectors) for the stuff used in here and whatever was used in original skin. Smile

If you're planning on moaning about the current features or ask for new ones, this is not the right place. Wink

Background info on the Skin:
Confluence skin was put together and released by Team XBMC headed by the skinner Jezz_X, it is based in Mediastream skin and a MOD for that skin and other ideas for other skins, it included features and concepts that worked well together and still do. More info here

To the people that have worked and continue to work on the Confluence skin over the years have been many, my hats off to all of you guys.

Its arguably the best skin for XBMC

Notable changes:
  1. Improves 100% of Textures quality in OSD -- Frodo - Gotham
  2. Refreshed Icon (no more half covered Confluence text) -- Frodo - Gotham
  3. All Header textures now match Gotham
  4. All Header Labels now also match. Gotham
  5. Better color matching Frodo - Gotham
  6. Changed progress and scroll bars to match Frodo - Gotham
  7. New /background settings.jpg Frodo - Gotham
Installing Fixed Zip download/install method.

Downloading and installing is easy!
  1. Download source.zip
  2. Take resulting .zip and install in XBMC via Addons > Install from zip File.

Note:
Don't install Gotham skin into Frodo and vice-versa. The Gotham skin has more refinements and changes.

Downloading:
Latest Versions:

2.2.7 Gotham - last update - 14/1/2014 e66cf43
2.1.5 Frodo - last update - 12/1/2014 ee1c882

See https://github.com/uNiversaI/skin.confluence/releases

PSD sources
The sources can be found at here or here

Todo:
Make a video? anyone volunteer?
Theme installer, so that the Themes feature can be used and installed from any skin. Need someone who understands this, as I have no idea.
Fix all the remainder graphic sources like flagging actually try to make psds and fix precision as most of this only exists in raster.
Too much to list.

Please help out if possible and you have interest with any above tasks or any you wish to work on.

Thank you to team XBMC members involved in past and future for making XBMC and skins possible.

Here is the new icon Wink

PR's included in here.

The Icon Refresh PR forgive the lack of git-foo skill evidence. Merged into Frodo Gotham
The Header graphics and Header label PR changes and consistency improvements. reworked and merged - Gotham only
The Original OSD graphics PR Closed when things get better another PR eventually will follow. - Frodo and Gotham
The /background settings.jpg has no PR yet but it is open for discussion in this thread

watch gallery

Kind regards
I will give it a try thanks uNiversal
I don't actually have a machine running gotham at present. All my production machines are on frodo for stability, and my laptop seems borked at present for xbmc purposes. When I get myself sorted, I'll certainly give this a try.

Cheers!
Can't install the zip. Not the correct structure
@FAMMAR

Did you actually follow the install instructions? By that I mean removing the PSD_sources folder and Texture_packer folder from zip?
(2014-01-05, 12:17)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]@FAMMAR

Did you actually follow the install instructions? By that I mean removing the PSD_sources folder and Texture_packer folder from zip?

Yes I did that. Extra info, I am having a Raspberry Pi with the latest Millhouse Gotham version
mmm I cant test that with a PI, I have 0 experience with zip installs on that platform, this was tested briefly on Windows on a VM and on a VM of xbmcbuntu with updated XBMC to Gotham alpha12, admittedly though I created the zip directly.

If any special requirements. Im also totally unaware what a Milhouse Gotham version is or for that fact what a latest version is.

I have now updated the Frodo/Gotham Branches removing all the directories for PSD sources and texture packer. Try again?
@FAMMAR

I think I know what problem is somehow the zip has /skinbleh/skinbleh/skin.confluence structure Ill try to see if it can be fixed.

For the time being extract the zip and go into the extracted directories until you find the last /skin.confluence where the gitignore files are and zip the skin.confluence folder only and install.

That should work.
Ok...will give it a try
@nickr, You can try the Frodo version.
@ Everyone

Sorry for earlier goof, the download + zip install should now be fixed.

It took me a while to realise the nesting was due to how it was stored in Github. It worked on my tests because I was creating the zips directly and had added cleanup to them via hook.

So really is was pure noobiness and lack of experience with github. hehe Wink
Ok I got it now and it's really smooth and fast. Is it possible that we can have 7 icons at the bottom instead of 5?
Thank you for persevering!, Only the OSD graphics mostly changed and are indeed much smaller file sizes (many files updated in here) while pixel quality is significantly improved.

Ill do an update in a few hours, to reflect the latest changes, though it must be downloaded and installed manually.

I would love to add new features or extend existing-- skin functionality wise, I'm not discarding this possibility yet, but atm I dont know enough skinning experience to do that, so sorry!

Any further feedback is welcome.
I am using a PVR and I don't see the channels anymore. it say's no PVR addon availebale but it's there and configured
You will have to configure it again, in skin settings > Live TV, I presume, the settings from default skin are not carried over.

Please ensure you installed the Gotham 2.1.6 not the Frodo skin into Gotham Forodo is 2.1.5 and Gotham is 2.1.6 and Of course you are I presume running Gotham XBMC builds since you are on PI
Pages: 1 2 3