Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: External player and "play from here" option of xbmc does not seem to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've set to use External VLC player with XBMC, and that it is working fine if I'm content with playing one file at a time Sad ... but when I want to play multiple files (like a TV season with all episodes one by one), it does not seem to work. The XBMC docs say that "Play from here" option of Context Menu plays all files from that point forward one by one, but when I'm using it it is stuck on the current player unless I close the vlc player first.

So I use Play from here option on Episode 1, it playback that episode but don't switch automatically to Episode 2, it switches to Episode 2 IF I close the VLC player already opened and then new instance of VLC is started with Episode 2. This is kind of unwanted as I had to comeback to my PC to close the VLC instance after every episode playback ... is there some option I can direct XBMC to play the next file in Same opened VLC player instance?