Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCbuntu: error while mounting /run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was looking to try something other than Windows 7 to run my media center. I thought of using openelec, but I really would like to have Live Tv and it looks like Openelec is shying away from that (i think).

I grabbed the ISO of xbmcbuntu and unetbootin and put the install onto it. So good so far.

First thing I noticed was that the clock was off by 5 hours. I'm in the East coast, and it is not 8:00 pm (yet), its 3pm

I existed XBMC, and tried going into xbmcbuntu to correct it. All the fonts are HUGE (second problem). If there is a way to correct the clock its not from here.

"Could my bios clock really be off by that much?" I thought. I decided to boot into my bios to check. Sure enough its set correctly. There is nothing in relation to setting the Timezone anywhere in the bios, that I can find either (UTC or whatever).

So lets go back into xbmcbuntu and start fooling around.

And the Third problem (which has jumped to priority no 1) . on the screen now is
Code:
error while mounting /run
press S to skip or M to manually recover
well pressing either gets me nowhere, as I don't really know how to recover from this.

Anyone wanna assist me in tackling these one by one? Smile

thanks
For the timezone go to Settings > Appearance > International
awesome. now if i could just boot back in, I could test that one out.
I just checked and /run is a tmpfs I am surprised it could have a problem that a reboot could not fix since it is kept in ram and can't survive a shutdown. It would be re-created from scratch when the system starts.
when I hit one of the arrow keys I can see more info and it states:

mountall: mount /run [2058] terminated with status 32

I went to the ISO from a cdrom and did a mount from the commandline, and it seemed to suggest that /run was coming somewhere from a tmpfs, like you said. But I don't understand why it only works on first launch.

I am wondering if the casper-rw is getting corrupted on the restart.
did you actually install xbmcbuntu, as in run the installer? I'm asking because casper is only used for the live CD
No i did not install XBMC. I did a live USB with Persistence.

I just redid the Live USB without persistence and it allowed me to reboot more than once Smile Only difference is nothing's saved between reboots.

I do see alot of people using casper-rw for persistence on USB devices now so I was hoping that would work. Instead I will try and install XBMCBuntu to the Live USB. Maybe a proper install will allow it to work (??)
Okay I have (some) news to report regarding this.

The problem definitely is the casper-rw file being corrupted on reboots/restarts. I am not sure "why" it was happening as I was doing proper reboots from the xbmcbuntu menu (not xbmc itself however).

I mean ubuntu is in charge at that point and it should handle the umounting of the drives and filesystems correctly eh? My persistence file is 2000 MB in size. Not sure why

At any rate, I just tried a third option for getting persistence: the Rmprepusb website had a tutorial for running xbmcbuntu and so far so good. I have survived my first reboot.