Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: playercorefactory Help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, Loving XBMC very much, I just discovered it. Everything is working great except for one thing.

I have XBMC set to play videos through MPC-HC. This works great for my movies and SOME streatming. But some streaming it doesn't work. It loads up MPC-HC but then doesn't start the video.

I'd like MPC-HC to play my files, but I'd like XBMC to use it's own internal player for streaming. I understand it needs to be set in playercorefactory, but I can't figure it out. Here is my playercorefactory.

PHP Code:
<playercorefactory>
<
players>
<
player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<
filename>C:\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<
args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<
hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<
hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<
warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</
player>
</
players>
<
rules action="prepend">

<!-- 
Universal Player -->
<
rule filename="*.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

</
rules>
</
playercorefactory

After extensive searching online I've found someone else who wanted the same thing and they were told to add:

PHP Code:
<rules action="prepend">
  <
rule internetstream="false" player="Universal_Player" />
</
rules

I have added this in it's entirety, and just the "rule" part several times and in several different places, but can't get it to work.

Can anyone help Please?

Thanks
Why don;t you just use XBMC to play everything directly ? I mean that is what it was designed for...
(2014-01-05, 23:43)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]Why don;t you just use XBMC to play everything directly ? I mean that is what it was designed for...

MPC-HC (Media Player Classic - Home Cinema) allows you to use madVR which renders the video at a higher quality than XBMC's integrated player.
I am also having trouble with DTS Master or Dolby True HD Sound Formats in XBMC.

EDIT: got the sound issue worked out
(2014-01-06, 00:47)jimray Wrote: [ -> ]MPC-HC (Media Player Classic - Home Cinema) allows you to use madVR which renders the video at a higher quality than XBMC's integrated player.

I see more use in getting proper sources than using effects to 'improve' image quality.
I use passthrough audio as well.

I guess for upscaling bad content it might help to use something like MadVR.
MadVR supports not only upscaling but better vsync, display calibration etc. In fact I don't even care about upscaling because I only play high quality content.

It really seems like you have a bee in your bonnet Kib, it's nothing against XBMC, but it's integrated player is inferior to a well calibrated MPC-HC.