Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: screensaver not sleeping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running 12.3 on windows 7. I've got 'put display to sleep when idle' set to 45 minutes. I'm also running the slideshow screensaver, which turns on after 3 minutes.

Often, at the 45 minute mark, the screensaver & screen dims, as if to go blank. But THEN, the screen turns back on, the screensaver continues running whilst the GUI is visible on top of that.

I can still 'wake up' the machine from screensaver and everything is fine. Has anyone else had the same/similar issues?
Yeah I have the same, but fortunately not recently. Does it happen every time for you? Can you post a debug log (wiki) of it happening?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175691
I am also having the same exact problem on windows 7 x64, latest Gotham 13.1 RC. I set the screen-saver to dim the screen (20% dim) after 3 minutes and power off the screen after 5 minutes.
When it reaches the power-off stage, it just turns it off for a seconds and turn it back on completely (no screen-saver dimming even).
I disabled the screen-saver and the screen power off works fine after 5 minutes.
Any way to fix this?