Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stuttering audio on XBMCbuntu w/12.2 & 12.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've been poking around trying to find a solution to stuttering audio on video playbacks after a while on different videos.

I realize this is dreadfully vague and i'm not sure where to begin.

The machine is Linux, installed from XBMCbuntu installed from the 12.2 AMD disk and upgraded to 12.3 via PPA. The hardware is an Asrock Ion 3D, and the audio is running over the HDMI cable.

The audio starts stuttering after watching a video "for a while". The problem can be resolved by stopping and restarting the video file, but often it will start stuttering again at a later point in the file.

I'm not sure if it is particular video files, they are in all manner of formats.

The XBMC box (actually there are two of them set up identically except for IP addresses and some screen settings) does its library via MySQL and all of the files are streamed over a Gigabit network from an Ubuntu box using SMB.

I'm happy to provide any information to help debugging, I was just hoping if it was a common MPlayer issue that had a simple fix.

Sorry if this is well known and my searching skills just suck.

Jason
bump
No bumps before 24 hours seeForum_rules#Posting (wiki) #6

If your so impatience see wiki AudioEngine (wiki) and Debug log (wiki)