Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: unresponsive IR remote on Ubuntu 13.10 and XBMC Frodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed XMBC on Ubuntu 13.10 64bit Minimal Server Edition + Gnome Desktop (on Asus EeeBox PC EB1501).
I configured LIRC and my IR remote worked great in IRW tests.
In XMBC instead, IR remote was unresponsive; button presses was frequently "lost"; for example every 10 clicks only one worked, but in IRW no events was lost. This was clear in debug mode too; lot of keystrokes was not logged in XBMC logs.

I disabled full screen in XBMC (System-Video Output- DisplayMode) and IR remote unexpectedly started working!
The effective change was that disabling full screen, "Vertical blank sync" was disabled too. If "Vertical blank Sync" is always disabled IR Remote works in full screen too.
Trying to analyze the problem I discovered that this behaviour is not due to a XBMC bug, instead this is relative to video drivers.
Installing Nvidia drivers and rebooting I solved my problem. Now IR remote works great in full screen mode an with "vertical blank sync" enabled.

Code:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-319

I hope this can help someone else.
teDDy