Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc and cd ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Hopefully someone can answer this or point me in the correct direction to find the answer.

I have searched the site for about an hour now and just can't seem to find the answer.

I want XBMC to rip my cd's to mp3 format but that is not an option in the encoder section...

Is this not possible or is there something i need to add to xbmc to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

krakow
Welcome to forums.

It would help to know what XBMC build you are using? Where you got it from? What OS?. < Thats 3 questions there.

For instance in Linux if you compile you install libmp3lame-dev and pass to ./configure --enable-libmp3lame and it should work.
I also know that in Windows Builds this is enabled by default I presume that official Ubuntu builds this also is enabled by default, but I dont use XBMC from PPAS, I compile my XBMC from source, I know that Windows buidls have this because use a windows vm to test some XBMC stuff.
12.3 xbmc and running on windows 7. Downloaded the xbmc from xbmc.org.

Still can't get it to rip to mp3. The only options it gives me are: FLAC, WAV, Vorbis, Lame.
Lame will rip to mp3. Its the name of the encoder (Lame Ain't an Mp3 Encoder) Wink
Ty very much. Smile
lol