Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No true HD frodo 12.2 onkyo 727(XBMClive)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

REVO 3610 minipc connected with HDMI to onkyo receiver 727 (2013)

I upgraded 11.0 Live to 12.2 with some wiki (get update.....)

Sorry if it is a stupid question but i read the wiki and stuff and I don't find a Solution.

If I take Digital as output i don't get the True HD and DTSHD options

If i choose HDMI i see the red TRUEHD on my onkyo 727 but i don't have sound.

I can only choose (used to be more options) HDA,NVIDIA,HDMI and HDA,NIVIDA ALC662 RVEV1 analog and Default HDA,Nidia ALC662 REV1
Nope, That's a ION 1! ION1 cannot do HDaudio or passthrough HDAudio, It can passthrough LPCM and disable all other HD passthrough except plain DTS and plain AC3 and enable LPCM passthrough. its just as good since it can do up to 192 kHz / 24 bit and thats just as good as HDaudio. I promise you cant hear the difference and if you can you have Bats ears.

Also see AudioEngine#Supported_Audio_Formats_for_Passthrough (wiki) and in particular AudioEngine#Hardware_capabilities_and_reported_to_work (wiki) Its the same as the Asrock ION HT there since its similar hardware.
AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio#GUI_Settings (wiki)

Like I said
Code:
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver     Enabled
DTS capable receiver                     Enabled
AAC capable receiver                     Disabled
MultiChannel LPCM capable receiver       Enabled
TrueHD capable receiver                  Disabled
DTS-HD capable receiver                  Disabled
Hi, TX foor the fast and helpfull response. I just find it stange that when I use hmdi output (as with 11.0) the decoder displayshows trueHD. I'm not at home and i can't test it now but when I tried it earlier this morning LPCM wasn't possible to choose (maybe it was on the DIGITAL). I' ll check it tonight. Tx again
Well XBMC v11 Eden did not have an audioengine and I doubt just because it showed up in your receiver that you were actually getting it.

In any case the best for AE is Gotham nightly builds but I would wait a week or get a Build from the 4th of January until a fix goes in for scraping... It works fine on ION.

You could also upgrade to Frodo 12.3 which is latest release.

LPCM should work via HDMI in ION if it doesn't, you're doing something wrong.

I just noticed that you said XBMClive what kernel is that? Seems to me you want XBMCBuntu which has a more recent Linux, though if Im honest I prefer a Ubuntu minimal install of 12.04LTS and then configure xbmcontop

see https://gist.github.com/uNiversaI/7734643

thats should work straight up with your ION.
I installed 11.0 Live iso some time ago. And recently I just did a get update (no knowlesge of Linux whatsoever) . When i had to boot again recently after power failure i saw something of Xbmcbuntu 11.01 or so? But XBMC is 12.2 (build 3 march)
From a console do:

Code:
apt-cache policy xbmc

Then to depending on that reply you can get 12.3 that will tell me the XBMC version you have and tell me what Distro you also have. Presuming it is a supported distro to get 12.3 the you can do:
i.e Need to be 12.04 or newer XBMCbuntu if not below wont work.

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install -y xbmc xbmc.bin
Debug Log will tell us about ELD handshake.
lol The ION1 doesnt have ELD I dont think.
hi

policy gave me installed 2:12.2 git 20130502.1706-frodo-0oneiric

i'm starting to type in the code. Pity i can't use terminal on my mac(and copy the code) because i can't login with xbmc/xbmc
It does werk from console on my revo
I can't see my whole tv screen but I think it says 0 upgraded 0 newly installed 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded

I also had this error
failed to fetch www.lonelycoder.com.........
There is no XBMC 12.3 for Oneiric :/

In any case you wont ever get HD audio as its a ION hardware limitation at best you should be able to get LPCM, which is just as good.

Options for XBMC upgrade are... compile (see how-to tips and tricks forums look for my username.) or find a ppa that provides updated binaries for Oneiric.

Or finally reinstall XBMCbuntu 12.2 nvidia ISO and upgrade to 12.3 via ppa above or use Openelec.
TX,

but why can't i use Terminal , my login xvmc and password xvmc must be correct?
xvmc or xbmc? idk what the password is, since you set it up when installing, either way its not xvmc if anything its xbmc.
sorry , i should read what i write : xbmc anyway, i was wrong

[email protected]'s password:
Welcome to Ubuntu 11.10 - XBMCbuntu (GNU/Linux 3.0.0-17-generic i686)

* Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com/
Last login: Thu Jan 9 10:57:37 2014
xbmc@Revo:~$

Maybe i remember wrong(sound options). I used my mac mini a while (but stopped because remote sometimes start itunes, or plex) so i revisited my revo. And i have xbmc on some windows all in one.

Maybe its time to upgrade? Any suggestions about something that will do all that sound and will do sleep/wakeup (can' get revo to wake up) and has infrared?
Gotham is best option imo for audio, I have a ION 1 running alpha 3 and a ION 5 running XBMC master compiled from source, in fact just compiled since a coule of fixes for at least one nasty bug went in.

You should be able to fully use the IR to wakeup your revo, its old topics and idk off top of my head but they exist

You have https://gist.github.com/uNiversaI/7734643 that covers the wakeup it works for my Asrock ION HT. I didnt make it into a script because ppl learn more from copy and paste and frankly I am not a great bash scripter.

Simplest use openlec or xbmcbuntu 12.2 and upgrade to 12.3 or gotham nightly

But nothing less than Ubuntu 12.04LTS base
I guess you meant ION 2 as I am quite sure they only released two reference boards. Smile
Pages: 1 2