Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lagging.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I continually experience lag to the point where no matter what movie I play they are unwatchable, whether by streaming or from my hard drive. I have emptied my cache every time immediately before playing the movie and that makes no difference. I am completely at a loss as to the solution, any help would be greatly appreciated.

If any further information is required please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you.

My specifications are:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz
Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit
Free memory about 2150
Do the videos lag on a standard player like VLC? What codecs do you have installed?

Im no expert but i used to get the same issue with 1080 video installing sharks007 codecs pack sorted it for me

Also try Turning off Vertical Blank Sync within XBMC's settings
@jamie_b Please dont...

XBMC does not require 3rd party codecs... Its a not a good idea to do so.

@leo19581 Welcome to Forums

Pastebin a Debug log (wiki) and screenshot of your XBMC audio settings --- and please tell us what Equipment is connected to your HTPC... TV? AVR?

On another note I think your video crad may just be a little outdated, but thats the very last thing Im thinking about.

It may help you to look at Windows_Settings_for_AudioEngine (wiki) and AudioEngine/HOW-TO:_Configure_audio (wiki) Since it is very likely thats where your problem is, hence my requests above.
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. I have taken on board all that you have said and will get back to you when I have checked all the details out.