Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Now Playing Button/Shortcut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be very useful to be able to quickly go to the Now Playing screen when playing music. The only way I can switch to Now Playing is to navigate down the menus until I can use a context menu to select Now Playing.

It would be good to have Now Playing under the XBMC menu as is Fullscreen Playing.
In Gotham development builds (wiki) "Now Playing" now resides in the left hand sidebar/blade menu :)
Great. Thank you.
Just found out there is still no “Now Playing” keymap for music, like ActivateWindow or fullscreensudio or something.

It is true there’s a a button <^> in the GUI on the left pane (default Estuary skin) which does it.
But invoking ActivateWindow(musicplaylist) using keymap gives me.. a playlist.

Any built-in function to go strait to visualization?
TAB key on a keyboard is mapped to action FullScreen (refer to https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...rd.xml#L66) so when music is playing this will make Kodi open the fullscreen visualisation window.
Thanks a lot!
That makes the build-in function to be Action(FullScreen).

I'm using a keymap to invoke it using Python (nothing serious, just scripting around for AirPlay + Kodi Callbacks add-on).
python:
import xbmc
import time
if xbmc.Player().isPlayingAudio():
   xbmc.executebuiltin("Action(FullScreen)")
   time.sleep(15)
   xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateScreenSaver")