Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Love Gotham Alpha 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Not a question but a THANK YOU. Just installed Gotham Alpha 11 and everything seems to work perfect. No video hangs, no unknown dependencies not met, no errors.

Very stable and smooth.

Keep up the good work guys. Time for a beta!!
What device, out of curiosity?
what devices?
It is great that it is working for you unfortunately on my Xperia Z Android 4.3 all the PVR clients are marked as Incompatible. hindibuff have you actually tried to install a PVR client ?

I have tried Alpha 11 as well as nightly build still the same error.

Not sure what is going on with the Android version the windows version has no issues and I am looking forward to give a beta a thorough test as do other people.
My device is a kdlinks A100. http://www.kdlinks.com/index.php/home-pr...layer.html

Bear in mind I have a old popcorn hour A-110 that I use to watch super hi-def stuff that is stored in it, but I have had some issues with xbmc recently (dependencies not met etc etc) but with this new alpha 11, everything is smooth. Playback, sound, networking. All the plugins work right (mostly movies and tv) and it seems to be humming along.

Very satisfied.

(2014-01-09, 11:11)denz Wrote: [ -> ]It is great that it is working for you unfortunately on my Xperia Z Android 4.3 all the PVR clients are marked as Incompatible. hindibuff have you actually tried to install a PVR client ?

I have tried Alpha 11 as well as nightly build still the same error.

Not sure what is going on with the Android version the windows version has no issues and I am looking forward to give a beta a thorough test as do other people.

denz, no I don't have a need for pvr. I think they are disabled by default now. On a side note, I have tvlinks.cc addon which covers all the shows I ever need. Unless you have a specific need for the pvr, I would say try that plugin and integrate the shows to the library. It's bliss!!
good to hear. I am eager to try that build on my note 10.1, note 3 and Ouya. Still holding out for a working pvr client. local TV is imperative.
I hear you Jm. I became a fan of watching my shows without ads. 20 minutes instead of 30.
@denz ;
It's a known problem, not for your (awesome) xperiadevice, but for all androiddevices, see :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182039
I think it's a faulty repo-link which should be solved easilly, but the developpers make a joke out of it,
while i put in a lot of time, making an effort by trying different versions trying to be helpfull to the solution for all of us. @#@$%^&

Greetings DjKolk
@djkolk It's is a awesome device with 4.2 it was smooth but with 4.3 it's performing like a brand new device everything is butterly smooth. So who new a software update can do this hopefully Raspberry Pi can get some love to further improve. My friends that have Apple Iphone i5 are jealous now and I was jealous of them before.

Back to the topic thank you for that link I am glad its not only me
The PVR thing is some weird bug or something. The add-ons should still work, but they're being seen as incompatible. I think. Hopefully will be resolved soonish.
Ned,

like I mentioned in the other tread, the add-ons are also old versions.

gr. Djkolk
Those incompatibilites are generally related to the python version not being up to date. The few that I had worked fine once I side loaded them into XBMC or updated the python version in the addon.xml, a pain to do but easy fix instead of waiting for the new ones.