Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies tab when connected via Upnp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm new to XBMC and I was setting it up on my tablet (Android). So I went into videos, found the XBMC server, etc. My question is, can that movies folder that I have specified be used to show the Movies tab like it shows on my PC? Right now to access all those movies on my tablet I have to go into Videos/Files and then choose the folder. On the PC it has a separate movies tab right away when I added some from my local drive.

Thanks!
Use a skin that has custom home buttons
(2014-01-09, 07:25)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Use a skin that has custom home buttons

Not sure what that means.

I think the question is whether Upnp prevents XBMC from treating remote Movies in the same manner as local movies? Or do you have to switch to a different sharing mechanism (e.g. SMB or NFS) to facilitate the Movies Tab in an XBMC client?

Are you saying this is just a function of the skin? This seems counter-intuitive since I'm using the same skin on both the client and the server, but the server has a Movies Tab and client does not.
UPnP cannot currently be used for the local library. It will not show up in the default "Movies" or "TV shows" tabs. UPnP will still share all the metadata and artwork from the "host", so visually there really isn't any difference. To have the UPnP source for Movies and TV shows show up on the home screen then you need to use a skin that allows custom home buttons.
Other than the visuals, are there any other sacrifices that are made by using a UPnP source versus the local library (SMB, NFS) method?

For example, does UPnP save your playback position within a video/movie like the local library does?