Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SQL Library Sharing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've spent the past three days getting my ATV2 to access my shared files and setting my XBMC clients to share a central SQL database and I've finally got everything working! Well sort of... My question is can my SQL server (Mac Mini) also be a client?

My media is being shared to the ATV2 in my bedroom from an external hard drive attached to the Mini which is attached directly to my living room TV. I had no problem setting the media source to itself on the Mini but if I add the Minis own IP address to advancedsettings.xml it doesn't work. I'm hoping theres a way to make this work! Anyone?

BTW I configured mysql on a different computer for testing purposes and both the ATV2 and Mini work and sync up with the database.
It should work. What does the MacMini's XBMC debug log (wiki) say when you try to start XBMC?
(2014-01-09, 16:25)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It should work. What does the MacMini's XBMC debug log (wiki) say when you try to start XBMC?

You're a genius! My advancedsettings.xml file on the mini wasn't updated with the correct IP. I really don't know how I missed that. Probably from going back and forth like a mad man between three computers!